Hotel Orsa Maggiore has been welcoming visitors to the Agordino area since 1952, when it was built by the Fol family and opened under the original name of Hotel Serena.
From the early days, the hotel became a focal point of social, political and institutional life, with guests including the statesman Alcide De Gasperi and the cyclists Coppi and Gimondi.
When the property was purchased by the Trivellato family, renovation work began that combined the architectural tradition of the Dolomites with a more dynamic, modern style.
The hotel is located just off the Agordino trunk road, and looks onto the breath-taking landscape of the Civetta and Pale di San Martino mountains. This strategic location also offers quick access to the skin runs, as well as the splendid Biois Valley, now part of the Unesco World Heritage Site.